2020 Top 9 Mobile App Development Trends
1. Cloud Expansion
As for 2020, SMEs are migrating massively towards developing cloud-based mobile apps. With the help of app developer and cloud services technologies, having direct access to data anywhere, on any device, at any time is no longer a matter for a business. It’s no longer a matter of running multiple servers at once. A great variety of cloud services are offered by Google Cloud Platforms, Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS). The cloud provides massive benefits to businesses, in addition to speeding up data processing.
Hence, top benefits for your business in the development of cloud mobile apps are:
- Reduced hosting expenses, increased efficiency, server reliability. You can reduce hosti by using cloud management technology
- Improvement of the application. Cloud-based applications mean that business requirements are met instantly — they require fewer computing space, have lower latency, can be easily scaled, upgraded, reviewed, and deployed. All of this means quicker marketing time.
- Security improved. Cloud software allows you to control access to the virtual machine the application runs on, and manage data flow.
2. Artificial Intelligence App Development
AI-powered solutions are influencing daily business life. As for 2020, top trends such as AI business operations, automation of robotic processes as well as smart process automation create new opportunities, identify potential risks and significantly improve customer experience.
Top benefits for your business from AI mobile app development:
- Cyber fraud prevention technology enables you to effectively cope with fraudulent behavior using AI-powered algorithms.
- Risk management and predictive analysis enable new ideas and opportunities to be identified, expenditure optimization and potential risks to be avoided.
- Improving customer experience ensures improved customer focus for robo-advic applications
- Image recognition, connected sensors, IoT, big data.
3. AR Mobile App Development and Mobile VR Development
With a new generation of hardware and software targeted at SMEs and their end-users, Augmented Reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) technology reigns supreme among application development developments in 2020.
Top benefits for your business from AR and VR technology:
- Healthcare IRISVISION provides vision loss to people with AR-powered low vision glasses to regain their sight.
- Production. DAQRI offers its customers AR-powered smart helmets that incorporate digital data directly into the field of vision of the users into the world in real-time.
- Training simulators for increased reality. AR training simulators for workers in high-risk fields and heavy industries enable abnormal problems to be solved, injury risk reduction, costly errors.
- Shops. Gucci introduced Augmented Reality to give shoppers the ability to digitally try on brand items, or decorate homes with decorative items.
- Indoor entertainment and gamingYouTube VR provides users with VR-ready 360 degree videos
- AR- and VR-powered education. The Google Expedition app allows students to go on immersive VR trips and explore breathtaking AR objects.
4. IoT Mobile App Ideas
Nearly any object may act as an IoT device as soon as it is connected to the Internet and controlled in this manner. As for 2020, IoT mobile app ideas can be adopted for any industry— smart city, connected industry, connected building, connected car, smart energy, connected health, smart supply chain, smart farming, smart retailing.
Amazon Go Cashless Store uses cameras capturing and scanning products selected by customers, as well as making payments automatically without interference by humans. Google Nest offers smart thermostats that analyze the ambient temperature and your preferences to heat or cool rooms.
5. 5G Apps
Wireless 5g technology has still not been released globally. As for 2020, due to things that are impossible through 4 G technology, it can hit the coming trends in application development. 5 G is capable of simultaneously guaranteeing up to 1 K of connected devices per person. This means new use cases for SMEs — remote control of equipment, connected vehicle, cloud AR / VR, wireless eHealth, industrial IoT, smart cities, specialized rescue services, big data.
Top benefits for your business from 5G-based apps:
- Extremely high bandwidth and speed.
- Latency to close to zero.
- More plug-in devices.
- Reducing electricity consumption.
- Raised level of connectivity.
- Increased connectivity density.
6. Android Instant Apps
Android instant applications, which are the kind of native mobile devices, do not need to download and install on a device. Users just need to press on the URL. Compared to a complete app, such an app has limited functionality. The instant app is only available as long as it is used by a customer. This disappears once an application window is closed.
The crosswords apps for crossword solving in the New York Times, and HotPads for apartment and home rentals are great examples of instant apps.
Essential benefits of Android instant apps for your business
- Easy to install without download.
- User interface is intuitive.
- Performance high.
- Shares and is discoverable.
- To reach and retain a wider audience.
- Development facile.
- Where necessary, transform a full app into an instant app.
7. Mobile Wallet Apps
Thanks to its convenience, high security, fraud prevention technology, virtual and digital currencies have become an integral part of mCommerce.
Top benefits for your business from a digital wallet:• Ensuring convenience for the customer by providing instant payment.
- Enhance customer service by collecting customer information such as shopping habits and demands.
- Raising revenue by attracting and keeping a wider audience.
- Cost-and time savings.
- Ensuring accountability in payments.
- Support for multi-currency transactions–fiat currencies as well as cryptocurrencies (BTC, ETH).
Blockchain technology continues to revolutionize the market for mobile apps. E-commerce, banking, financial institutions, FinTech, insurance, real estate, healthcare, inheritance wills, crowdfunding (ICO), ownership rights protection embrace robust Blockchain-based solutions.
Blockchain technology is a must for small and medium-sized businesses because it enables: • Transparent blockchain payment transactions.
- Development of intelligent contracts;
- The IoT and Networking.
- Managing the supply chain.
- Storing data in the cloud via blockchain.
- KYC (Kigital Identity).
- Secure right to possession.
- The production of ICOs.
9. Beacon Technology Solutions
A beacon means a small radio transmitter that uses wireless technology called Bluetooth low-energy (BLE). Sending repeated signals to smartphones next door, a beacon can identify current location for users to serve content based on where they are located.